The Automotive Supplier Quality Engineer (SQE) is a crucial interface with the purchasing and engineering functions within Ather. Working with the vehicle engineering group, Supplier quality engineers will be an integral part of the team evaluating potential suppliers, assessing risk in production line processes, and providing oversight on testing and quality processes to ensure all products are delivered meeting stated technical and delivery requirements consistent with automotive APQP and ISO/TS 16949 requirements.
The SQE acts as the technical liaison between engineering, purchasing, manufacturing, and our suppliers. In this role, the SQE works with suppliers to resolve supplier quality issues, implement and monitor advanced quality planning, and provide technical support focused on meeting program launch and production requirements.
What will I be doing at Ather?
- Ensures supplied materials meet quality requirements and in the case of deviations, makes sure appropriate corrective actions are taken and documented
- Ensures necessary safety measures for the project are identified, noted, and executed with respect to all program requirements
- Audits, reviews, and improves manufacturing quality control programs
- Continuously monitors supplier manufacturing activity while maintaining active communication with suppliers and surveillance personnel
- Drives defect containment and assure problem resolution in a timely manner for components or material quality issues impacting production lines and external customers
- Drives and monitors APQP process, New Product Introduction (NPI), warranties, field/supplier quality
- Works in cross-functional teams, including with Electronic Manufacturing Service (EMS), on design changes and manufacturing process to ensure PPAP approval
- Reviews supplier design engineering, manufacturing, purchasing, and quality documentation, which may include 8D’s for compliance with Ather and customer requirements
What skills and experience do I require for this role?
- 3-5 years of experience and strong technical background in SMT/PCBA manufacturing and quality management
- Demonstrated knowledge of probability, statistical quality control, and design of experiments
- Knowledge of soldering materials, PCBA process and electronics components, testing and acceptance criteria.
- Knowledge of Surface-mount technology (SMT), IPC-A600, IPC-A610, IPC-A620, J-STD-001 preferred
- Knowledge of technology – radar, infrared, and visual spectrum sensors and processing equipment.
What should I have graduated in?
B.E/ B.Tech Mechanical