JD – Strategic Sourcing Specialist
What will I be doing at Ather?
• Purchase goods, materials, components or services in line with specified cost, quality and delivery targets
· Ensure continuous supply of required goods and materials and communicate any supply problems which may pose a risk or impact on business operations
· Deliver briefs, updates and reports as and when required
· Understand Materials Requirements Planning (MRP)/Distribution Requirements Planning (DRP) process
· Action for all new buys, push, pull, cancel, pre-delivery confirmations to supplier and monitor past due PO’s
· Receive and evaluate supplier responses and take appropriate action & escalations
· Ensure the suppliers to deliver purchased items in a timely manner.
· Alert program management & internal customers and planning of any potential issues.
· Work directly with planning to review and coordinate total demand and demand changes
· Communicate issues and suggest resolution to program and other participants of the customer teams.
· Work with planning to review Engineering Change Order (ECO) impact on open orders.
· Complete resolution of Accounts Payable issues.
· Follow up with Finance team for timely payment, Review and resolve suppliers invoice holds
· Manage the material on order with suppliers so as not to exceed the plant’s inventory goal
What skills and experience do I require for this role?
· Analytical Skills: You will be working with multiple vendors to ensure timely production and smooth flow of parts and managing the supply chain
· Decision-Making Skills: You will need to use the information you have gathered to make decisions along with the team.
Mandatory: B.E/B.Tech (Mechanical/ Electrical & Electronics)
MBA in Operations would be a plus.