Position – Process Excellence Lead
Experience – 8-15 Years
Ather is a 300-member strong hardware startup based out of Bangalore, building India’s first smart electric scooter, the Ather S340. Designed in-house and built ground-up, the S340 is a high-performance electric scooter powered by a lithium-ion battery pack, has a touchscreen dashboard and a host of smart features. Ather raised its latest series B funding from Hero MotoCorp. The series A and seed funding were backed by Tiger global & Flipkart. Multiple prototypes of the S340 are currently being tested on various parameters and we will be hitting manufacturing this year.
The Ather S-340 scooter is designed by Ather team from ground-up and is the first electric scooter to be completely designed and manufactured in India. The plan is to build an online sales model that would be supported by physical experience centers for testing the scooter. This business model was further validated by Ather winning the ET start-up of the year 2016. The end goal is to provide the performance of a fossil fuel vehicle in an electric one and take the market.
WHAT WILL I BE DOING AT ATHER?
As a Process Excellence Lead you will be reporting to the CTO and will be responsible for org transformation.
- · Identify and implement process improvement efforts business within the Company and sound process improvement accepted disciplines and practices. Take responsibility and accountability for the successful utilization and results of the Performance Excellence Management.
- · Responsible for implementing and monitoring Quality systems within Engineering
- · Identify, plan and implement key projects to improve quality, reduce cost, increase productivity and improve cycle time by reducing wasted time, scrap, rework, etc. resulting in significant business improvement and customer satisfaction.
- · Develop and coordinate the performance excellence/performance improvement vision and deployment planning as defined by the Executive Team.
- · Liaison with finance and other members of the organization in assessing, tracking and reporting the financial benefit of a Performance Excellence project.
- · Drive process improvement and design methodologies, and help business achieve results
- · Identify and lead process improvement projects that support strategic imperatives using Six Sigma methodology
What kind of experience & skills do I
need for this role?
Strong project management skills-
ability to handle multiple projects having unstructured scoping
own Black-Belt projects in the context of the Lean Six-Sigma methodology.
Ability to build a process
improvement culture, demonstrating flexibility and initiative in achieving the
desired outcome and to act in an independent manner
Good understanding of IT systems like JIRA, PLM, Automation
What should I have graduated in?
- B.Tech/M.Tech degree with
experience in implementation of Six Sigma / Lean concepts.
- Certified in Six Sigma
Master Black Belt or Black Belt