WHAT WILL I BE WORKING ON?
- Head product validation at Ather.
- Work with all engineering test teams to build a risk matrix and manage overall product risk. It's a highly technical program manager (You might have to explain our org structure and why engineering test teams are different from product validation)
- Work closely with the design team at an early stage to understand the design, its failure modes and ensures the risk is mitigated through design.
- We do not want a testing manager. We want a Validation manager. Enormous difference. At Ather, we understand the value of validation as a function.
- KPI is to ensure we have the least amount of testing and maximize the probability of meeting all our specs. Testing is the last line of defense
- Validation head at Ather will work on mechanical designs, Power electronics, embedded systems, Battery Systems and Software
- Lead a highly dynamic cross-functional team to dwell deeper into validation across all the fields mentioned
- All engineering teams will have a dotted line reporting to Product Validation head
- Establish testing norms and processes for validation across Ather.
- Adopt and establish the right standards for product testing.
- Ensure component testing is covered by individual teams and execute vehicle level testing.
- Build a strong reliability model. Collect field data. Strongly co-relate lab tests to field conditions. Build accelerated life test models.
- Work with Business for warranty modeling
- Work with Ops for inline quality and end of line testing requirements.
Teams to lead
- Validation Engineers
- Domain experts who can understand the design across all domains.
- Review DFMEA and align with the design engineers on the final DVP
- Validation Lab
- In-house facility to test components and vehicle.
- Standards team
- Team to establish processes and standards for validation at Ather
- Adopt test standards based on specification
- Collect field data
- Co-relate lab tests to field conditions
- Come up with Accelerated Life test plans, procedures, and parameters
What kind of Skills and experience do I need for this role?
- Strong background in product validation and testing focusing more on managing product risks and less on brute force testing
- Sound knowledge and experience of working on Validation vehicles DVP, test plan, tracking test status & Validation Budget cost estimation for project.
- Fundamentals in electronics validation would be preferred.
What should I have graduated in?
B.Tech/B.E/M.Tech/M.S in Mechanical/Electronics engineering