WHAT WILL I BE DOING AT ATHER?
We are a young team of 300 building the electric scooter entirely new to the country and its customers and as we do that we are also building a company grounds-up. For the organization to grow big and healthy, we need to ensure that the essentials are taken care of. We need this role and the person to be a single point of contact for all safety concerns in and around the plant, corporate, labs, prototyping centres and experience centres as well.
From keeping a check on things as simple as a “PUSH/PULL” on the door to building a process around the safety measures for equipment/machine and manpower, you are the single man/woman army, we are looking to lead the safety here at Ather.
Creating, enacting, and updating job safety programs for employees that encompass government health and safety regulations as well as company standards for safety in the workplace. Training employees on the importance of health and safety on the job are the few hygiene checks that come primarily for you!
We want you to become a safety ambassador for us and make people safety champions! For this, we would want you to tickle your creative nerve a bit!
WHAT KIND OF EXPERIENCE & SKILLS DO I NEED FOR THIS ROLE?
WHAT SHOULD I HAVE GRADUATED IN?
- About 8-12 years of relevant experience.
- Auditing production, keeping on the lookout for any unsafe behaviour or breaks in regulations
- Assessing risk and possible safety hazards of all aspects of operations
- Creating analytical reports of safety data
- Inspecting production equipment and processes to make sure they are safe
- Ordering repairs for unsafe and/or damaged equipment
- Focusing on prevention by keeping up with equipment maintenance and employee training
- Presenting safety principles to staff in meetings or lecture-type training sessions
- Participating in continuing education to update knowledge of health and safety protocols and techniques
- Determining whether the finished product is safe for customers
- Creating safety plans that include suggested improvements to existing infrastructure and business processes
- Sharing information, suggestions, and observations with project leadership to create consistency in safety standards throughout the production team and the entire company
- Meeting company health and safety goals
- Investigating causes of accidents and other unsafe conditions on the job site
- Liaising with law enforcement and other investigators who are present at the time of a serious accident
- Finding the best way to prevent future accidents
- Reviewing and reporting on the staff's compliance with health and safety rules and recommending commendations or dismissal based on performance.
- BE/B.Tech Chemical (Full Time) + PG Diploma Safety / RLI / CLI /ME Industrial safety
- EHS certified professional