Why are we hiring for this role?
- Establish a single point of contact at the plant level to manage the Industrial Relations & Compliance in collaboration and guidance of the Site Manager and Head - Corporate HR.
- Develop & execute a shared understanding of the site around Industrial Relations initiatives & leverage on the strengths of the site in enhancing Labour Productivity.
- Effective & Efficient Contractor Management
- Capable resource to handle responsibilities relating to statute bodies.
What will I be working on?
- Establish & Execute location level IR priorities in consultation with Site Manager & Head – Corporate HR. Ensuring effective implementation of attendance, leave management & payroll process.
- Manage Contract Labour Strategy: Identification of Correct Contractors, Compliance with the provisions of the law. Ensure processing of Contract bill processing in a timely manner.
- Custodian of Labour law statutory compliances. Identify & prioritize statutory compliance issues to be addressed & develop a plan to address and implement the plan. Strengthen the processes & systems to ensure 100% compliance to all statutory compliances at the plant.
- Develop & Implement Grievance Redressal mechanism by proactively implementing Grievance Redressal forums for employees as well as labours. Resolve issues in a timely manner. Prepare & track the progress by way of implementation of the dashboard.
- Handling Disciplinary action process in the matters of unauthorized absenteeism, negligence, insubordination, idling & wasting the time, stoppage of work, by way of verbal counselling, written counselling, cautioning, warning, suspension & termination. Handle Domestic Enquiry process.
- Attending Legal & Court Matters (Civil/Labour/Industrial/High Court) & appearance before conciliation authorities pertain to the organization. Co-coordinating with company Advocate(s) in terms of any court matter(s) & document submission. Should be able to handle situations like Strike, lockout, layoffs etc.
- Liasoning with Govt. departments like Labour dept., Pollution Control, PF, ESIC, etc. Effective implementation of month by month Labour Law Compliance's & also resolving any issues w.r.t. Labour law compliances. Prepare & track the progress by way of implementation of the dashboard.
- Should have the ability to Develop & Implement Strategy to deal with Union(s) if in the future. Should have fair, firm & factual relationship to deal with Union leaders.
What kind of experience & skills do I need for this role?
- Should be humble but firm, fair & factual.
- High level of initiative and energy
- Team Player
- Influencing Skills
- Liasoning Skills
- Conflict Management
- Task Master
- Should be able to read, write and speak the local language – Kannada
- Good contacts locally.
What should I have graduated in?
MBA/MSW - IR