WHAT WILL I BE WORKING ON?
· Head product validation at Ather.
· Work with all engineering test teams to build a risk matrix and manage overall product risk. It's a highly technical program manager (You might have to explain our org structure and why engineering test teams are different from product validation)
· Work closely with the design team at an early stage to understand the design, it's failure modes and ensure the risk is mitigated through design.
· We do not want a testing manager. We want a Validation manager. Enormous difference. At Ather, we understand the value of validation as a function.
· KPI is to ensure we have the least amount of testing and maximize probability of meeting all our specs. Testing is the last line of defense
· Validation head at Ather will work on mechanical designs, Power electronics, embedded systems, Battery systems and Software
· Lead a highly dynamic cross functional team to dwell deeper into validation across all the fields mentioned
· All engineering teams will have a dotted line reporting to Product Validation head
· Establish testing norms and processes for validation across Ather.
· Adopt and establish the right standards for product testing.
· Ensure component testing is covered by individual teams and execute vehicle level testing.
· Build a strong reliability model. Collect field data. Strongly co-relate lab tests to field conditions. Build accelerated life test models.
· Work with Business for warranty modeling
· Work with Ops for inline quality and end of line testing requirements
TEAMS TO LEAD
· Validation Engineers
o Domain experts who can understand the design across all domains.
o Review DFMEA and align with the design engineers on the final DVP
· Validation Lab
o Inhouse facility to test components and vehicle.
· Standards team
o Team to establish processes and standards for validation at Ather
o Adopt test standards based on specification
o Collect field data
o Co-relate lab tests to field conditions
o Come up with Accelerated Life test plans, procedures, and parameters
WHAT KIND OF SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE DO I NEED FOR THIS ROLE?
· Strong background in product validation and testing focusing more on managing product risks and less on brute force testing
· Sound knowledge and experience of working on Validation vehicles DVP, test plan, tracking test status & Validation Budget cost estimation for project.
· Fundamentals in electronics validation would be preferred.
WHAT SHOULD I HAVE GRADUATED IN?
· B.Tech/B.E/M.Tech/M.S in Mechanical/Electronics engineering