A strong understanding of EMI/EMC standards- mostly IEC, FCC or ISO.
Solid background in EMI/EMC testing of electrical/electronics products.
Hardware testing - Hardware Test Engineer
No. of positions - 1
Work Experience - 3-5 years
Critical skills - A strong understanding of EMI/EMC standards- mostly IEC, FCC or ISO ; Solid background in EMI/EMC testing of electrical/electronic products.
What will I be working on?
- EMI/EMC design and testing to make a compliance free electric vehicle product.
- Shielding and EMI filtering design
- Preparation of EMI and EMC test plans, procedures and reports
- Collaborate with R&D engineers in the development of EMI/EMC test requirements specifications with a strong emphasis on standardization across multiple product lines.
- Collaborate and bridge the gap between Test Agency and R&D team and also between different cross functional R&D teams.
- Understanding of EMI/EMC standards- mostly IEC, FCC or ISO.
- Ensures the safety, reliability, and cleaning of the EMI/EMC labs and all its equipment.
- Develop models for interference coupling mechanisms, shielding integrity, and circuit/cable interface isolation to mitigate and control conducted/radiated emissions and susceptibility stimuli.
- Handling Test Equipment such as Power supplies, digital multimeters, oscilloscopes, communication analyzers, spectrum analyzer, scalar network analyzer, power meter, frequency counter, etc.
What kind of experience & skills do I need for this role?
- · 4-6 years of solid background in EMI/EMC testing of electrical/electronics products.
- · Conducted susceptibility, Electrostatic Discharge, Surge and EFT testing
- · Performed EMI/EMC testing of all electrical and electronic equipment from the module level to the complete vehicle level.
- · Should have a basic understanding of working of power electronics and embedded circuitry.
- · Technical knowledge of product qualification testing
- · You are currently working as a compliance test engineer under EMI/EMC testing with insights as mentioned above for products that are in the automotive or consumer electronics domain.
What should I have graduated in?
B Tech/B.E in Electrical/Electronics/Power Electronics/Instrumentation.