No. of positions - 1
Work Experience - 3-5 years
Critical skills - Ability to think from first principles Possess strong decision making and prioritization skills Flexible, fast learner who thrives in a constantly changing work environment. Effective time-management skills and the ability to juggle multiple projects. Ability to talk tech with engineering, and quickly switch gears discussing marketing Passionate about user experience Must exhibit a high degree of ownership and accountability Comfortable working in a rapidly changing environment where ambiguity and short turnaround schedules are the norms.
What will I be working on ?
You will be working on some real and challenging hardware engineering projects. Working with the team to build hardware for next generation automobiles - electric and connected will be your key task.
The first product to come out of our stable is the S340 - a smart electric scooter. For the S340 to be a scooter that we would love to ride every day, it had to have the specs that make us happy, which means it had to be powered by the best sub-systems. Something that we couldn’t pick from the market. Simply put we had to build all systems from scratch - an IP67 rated Lithium-ion battery pack which delivers powers to match performance with existing petrol scooters, a smart battery management system, a compact, efficient and smart onboard charger and a smart vehicle control unit with a touchscreen dashboard built for exterior use.
As a Product Manager for the Hardware team, your scope will cover these systems and we know that’s a handful. But if you love challenges, automobiles, the electric future and working with some of the best designers, engineers, software developers and smart folks from other disciplines you can read on.
What kind of experience & skills do I need for this role?
2-4 year Experience in hardware product development
· Ability to think from first principles
· Possess strong decision making and prioritization skills
· Flexible, fast learner who thrives in a constantly changing work environment.
· Effective time-management skills and the ability to juggle multiple projects.
· Ability to talk tech with engineering, and quickly switch gears discussing marketing
· Passionate about user experience
· Must exhibit high degree of ownership and accountability
· Comfortable working in a rapidly changing environment where ambiguity and short turnaround schedules are the norms.
· Proven ability to establish rapport, credibility and influence others to drive results across a large matrixed organization.
· Experience and track record of managing multiple hardware products through the complete lifecycle
· Experience of having solved challenging problems under high-pressure environment
What should I have graduated in?
· B.Tech/M.Tech in Electronics, Power Electronics, Control Systems.