Vehicle Engineering – Design Engineer
No. of positions - 1
Work Experience - 3-5 years
Critical skills - Engineering Experience with a physical product
What will I be working on ?
Specific role/responsibilities you would be accountable for
· Design of Automotive components with considerations for Performance, Material, Manufacturing, and Assembly.
· Experience working with analysis methods in CAE, experience working in setting up specifications for detailed CAE decks for linear and nonlinear FEA.
· Utilizing computer assisted design programs (CAD) to draw specific product attributes on drawings and prints.
· Selecting the correct materials to meet performance requirements of product and custom develop composite materials to increase durability and performance.
· Interfacing with production and quality engineers to help identify potential issues before finalizing product design.
· Working cross-functionally to implement cost reduction, methods, and product improvements, and to support prototype and production build activities
What kind of experience & skills do I need for this role?
5-10 years demonstrated proficiency with successful product design with castings, sheet metal, stampings, or related components
What should I have graduated in?
Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering, Product Design, or Engineering Technology